Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction

If you are having difficulty paying your rent and/or Council Tax costs, you can apply for benefits. You can apply for either benefit or for both of them providing you have a liability to pay rent and Council Tax.

From 16 March 2015 some new single job seekers will be required to claim a new benefit called Universal Credit(UC)

If you are claiming or receiving UC and you pay rent, your housing costs will, in future, be administered by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), you will not be required to fill in a separate claim for housing benefit. You must however still complete the form below if you want to be assessed for help with your council tax.

Email: Benefit.services@southampton.gov.uk