Easter bin collection dates
There will be no changes to collection days before the Easter weekend, including Good Friday, but the following week collections will be a day later than usual.
- Friday 19 April 2019 (Good Friday) - No change to collection
- Monday 22 April 2019 (Easter Monday) - Collection will be Tuesday 23 April 2019
- Tuesday 23 April 2019 - Collection will be Wednesday 24 April 2019
- Wednesday 24 April 2019 - Collection will be Thursday 25 April 2019
- Thursday 25 April 2019 - Collection will be Friday 26 April 2019
- Friday 26 April 2019 - Collection will be Saturday 27 April 2019
- Monday 29 April 2019 - All collections return to normal dates
May Bank Holiday
- Monday 6 May 2019 - Collection will be Tuesday 7 May 2019
- Tuesday 7 May 2019 - Collection will be Wednesday 8 May 2019
- Wednesday 8 May 2019 - Collection will be Thursday 9 May 2019
- Thursday 9 May 2019 - Collection will be Friday 10 May 2019
- Friday 10 May 2019 - Saturday 11 May 2019
- Monday 13 May collections return to normal
Spring Bank Holiday
- Monday 27 May 2019 - Collections will be Tuesday 28 May 2019
- Tuesday 28 May 2019 - Collection will be Wednesday 29 May 2019
- Wednesday 29 May 2019 - Collections will be Thursday 30 May 2019
- Thursday 30 May 2019 - Collections will be Friday 31 May 2019
- Friday 31 May 2019 - Collections will be Saturday 1 June 2019
You can check all your collection days on the online calendar
What goes in which bin?
There is a handy A – Z guide to check what goes in which bin.
Large or bulky items, including garden waste, can be taken to The Household Waste and Recycling Centre (HWRC) which will be open every day over the Easter weekend.
- Friday 30 and Saturday 31 March the site will be open from 9am to 4pm
- 1 April to 30 September the site will be open from 9am to 6pm
The address for the recycling centre is
City Depot and Recycling Park
There are many textile recycling banks around the city. You can recycle clothes, shoes (tied in pairs) sheets, pillowcases, curtains and table linens but not pillows or quilts.