Glass collections affected by spread of COVID-19
We have had to cancel some glass collection rounds this week. We hope to make the next scheduled calendar collections in two weeks’ time, for the rounds that have been cancelled. In the meantime please store your glass recycling at home. Please do not take glass to recycling points as they are not currently being emptied. It is possible to take your glass recycling to the Household Waste & Recycling Centre in Millbrook, as part of an essential journey. You can book a visiting slot via our website.
Please do your bit to help fight the spread of COVID-19 by regularly sanitising your wheelie bin handles and glass crates and washing your hands before and after you touch them.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your support and patience during these difficult times.
Before you contact us to report your missed bin, please check that one of the following wasn't responsible for your missed collection.
- Was your bin/bag put out for collection on the correct day? If there has been a recent bank holiday, or if there is a bank holiday upcoming, your collection dates are likely to change. The collection calendar gives details of your collection dates
- Was your bin/bag clearly visible to the waste collection crew? Bins should be placed at the edge of your property (where gates or drives meet the pavement) unless you are on assisted collections
- Was your bin/bag left out before 6:30am? Our collection crews always begin their rounds at 6:30am, so please ensure that your bin is visible to crews from this time
- Are your bins/bags definitely supplied by Southampton City Council?
- Are you reporting the missed collection within two working days of the original collection day? Missed collections need to be reported within two working days of the original collection day. If your collection was due today, you can report a missed collection only after 4pm.
If you answered all of the above questions with 'yes' please complete a missed bin collection form.
The form will show you all the information we have on your most recent bin collections, as logged by the waste collection crew.
If your bin was in fact missed, you will be able to report it to the waste collection crew. We normally aim to return for missed collection within two working days. However due to unforeseen circumstances our current timescale to return is within five working days. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
Report missed bin collection
If the answer to any of the questions is ‘No’ we will collect from you on your next due collection date, providing you have bins supplied by the council.
Please remember to take your bins back in after they have been emptied. Leaving your bins on the pavement is an offence as it causes a hazard for pedestrians.
Request emptying of shared glass recycling bin