The following items can go in your blue-lid recycling bin:
- Paper (including newspapers, magazines, junk mail)
- Phone books and directories
- Plastic bottles e.g. drinks, toiletries, cleaning products
- Food tins, drink cans, metal sweet and biscuit tins
- Empty aerosols e.g. deodorants, hair sprays, polish
Please rinse empty plastic bottles, tins and cans. Lids and tops need to be removed and placed in your rubbish bin.
Please do not put your recycling in black sacks or plastic bags.
What not to put in your blue-lid recycling bin
Please think carefully about what goes in. If your recycling bin contains items we can’t recycle, it can make the rest of your recycling unusable. Please do not put the following items in your blue-lid recycling bin:
- Black sacks, plastic/carrier bags
- Tetra paks, e.g. fruit juice and milk cartons
- General waste
- Food waste
- Tin foil and foil food trays
- Gift wrapping paper
- Garden waste
- Other plastic/polystyrene packaging, e.g. yoghurt pots, margarine tubs, food trays, etc.
Plastic recycling video