Southampton Household Waste Recycling Centre
The Southampton's recycling site is managed for the council by Veolia Environmental Services
The centre is open seven days a week from
- 9am to 6pm - 1 April - 30 September 2019
- 9am to 4pm - 1 October 2019 - 28 February 2020
The address for the Southampton recycling centre is City Depot and Recycling Park, First Avenue, Southampton SO15 0LJ
You can see how busy the site is before you leave home on the live web queue cam and make sure you leave yourself enough time to arrive and unload your waste before the site closes.
Cars and 4 x 4 are permitted but you need to check height and weight restrictions of other vehicles via our vehicle access to the recycling centre page.
There is a charge for disposing of some types of DIY waste
You can find out more information and charges for DIY waste on our dedicated page.
Many of the country's HWRC's will offer small commercial businesses a 'pay by the load' quick and convenient recycling and waste disposal
You can find out more information on our trade waste page.
What can I take to the centre?
(There is no charge when taking the items listed below)
- Paper, cardboard, newspapers and magazines
- Mixed glass bottles and jars
- Gas bottles
- Garden waste
- Radiators and storage heaters (but not the bricks inside)
- Wood and timber
- Electrical items and fluorescent tubes
- Household and garden chemicals
- Batteries, including car batteries
- Fridges and freezers - appliances should be bought whole with no parts removed
More information can be found on the Hampshire County Council website.
What can't I take to the centre?
- Ammunition, explosives and weapons
- Chemicals and other toxic substances
- Dead animals
- Gas cylinders
- Japanese knotweed
- Landlord's waste
- Petrol and diesel
- Syringes and medical waste
- Trade or commercial waste
More detailed information on what can and can't be taken to the centre can be found on the Hampshire County Council website.
Other local recycling centres