Blue-lid recycling bin
The following items can go in your blue-lid recycling bin:
- Paper (including newspapers, magazines, junk mail)
- Phone books and directories
- Plastic bottles; for example, drinks, toiletries, cleaning products
- Food tins, drink cans, metal sweet and biscuit tins
- Empty aerosols; for example, deodorants, hair sprays, polish
Please rinse empty plastic bottles, tins and cans. If possible, please remove lids and tops and place them in your general waste bin.
Please do not put your recycling in black sacks or plastic bags.
What goes in my bin?
A- Z of recycling
What not to put in your blue-lid recycling bin
Please think carefully about what goes in. If your recycling bin contains items we can’t recycle, it can make the rest of your recycling unusable.
Please do not put the following items in your blue-lid recycling bin:
- Black sacks, plastic/carrier bags
- Other plastic/polystyrene packaging; for example, yoghurt pots, margarine tubs, food trays, etc.
- Tetra paks; for example, fruit juice and milk cartons
- Household waste
- Food waste
- Tin foil and foil food trays
- Gift wrapping paper
- Garden waste