There are lots of things we buy and use only once or twice. This is not only a waste of resources, but can be expensive in the long run.
- Bottled water is expensive compared to a reusable bottle and water out of the tap
- Buy a cheap portable barbecue that you could use over and over again instead of a disposable one, and you can even compost the ash.
- Retro items from charity shops are very on trend, so use ceramic crockery and napkins instead of plastic cups and paper napkins for your event
- Use dish cloths or even old t-shirts that are no longer fit to wear instead of disposable cloths
- Use energy efficient bulbs that can last up to eight times longer and will use less electricity