Southampton City Council50 Years of City Status Stay connected logo

Stay connected

Our free email alerts service will help keep you connected to the things that matter to you.

Choose from a range of topics including:
Events, leisure and culture, library offers and community news,
job alerts, road works, city news and more...

Enter your email address below to get started or to edit your account.


You are here:home > Business > Licensing

Licences, registrations and notifications

DrinkingMany activities require licences, some of which are administered by Southampton City Council. The council deals with a range of licences, permits, consents, and registrations that are intended to safeguard the welfare and safety of the general public, animals and the environment.

You can apply and pay for many of these licences online either directly to the city council or via GOV.UK - please see the individual pages. Please note that you will be directed to Business Link's UK welcomes site where you will be asked to register in order to make an online application.

Information about licensing by the Licensing Team in Legal and Democratic Services, Environmental Health, Trading Standards and other agencies appears on these pages. Information about other services may be available though GOV.UK.

Key Licensing Contacts

Licensing Team Email
  • Licensing Team enquiries (including Alcohol, Entertainment and Late Night Refreshment, Gambling, Taxis and Private Hire)
  • Tel: 023 8083 3002 (option 4)
Environmental Health Email
  • Environmental Health licensing enquiries
  • Tel: 023 8083 3002 (option 2)
Trading Standards Email
  • Trading Standards licensing enquiries
  • Tel: 023 8083 3002 (option 5)

Contact information