1. National Portal
There is now a national PPE portal that can be used by social care and primary care providers to get critical coronavirus (COVID-19) personal protective equipment (PPE).
The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has partnered with eBay, Clipper Logistics and Royal Mail to develop this service.
Who can use this portal?
You can only log in and place an order if you’ve received an email invitation to register.
The PPE portal can be used by:
- residential social care providers
- domiciliary social care providers
- children’s care homes and secure homes
- children’s residential special schools
- community drug and alcohol services
- residential drug and alcohol services
If you’re a provider in one of these categories, your invitation to register will be sent to your email account registered with Care Quality Commission (CQC), NHS Business Services Authority (BSA), NHS England or the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).
Information about children’s social care providers is supplied to DHSC by the Department for Education.
Steps to getting free PPE
- If you are eligible, you’ll receive an email invite to the PPE portal
- Register with the email address the invite was sent to
- Receive a link to confirm registration
- Click on the link and create your password
- Order your COVID-19 PPE
- PPE is delivered directly to the address supplied to us
Local Mutual Aid Store/SCC
If you are having difficulty in getting sufficient supply from your usual suppliers and the national portal, then there remains an emergency supply system which is run by Southampton City Council. In Southampton, you can submit a request online at www.southampton.gov.uk/ppe
If you are outside of the Southampton boundary, please contact the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Hub. You can submit a request online here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All up to date guidance on PPE use can be on GOV.UK by searching for PPE. In addition, you can join our Infection Prevention Control (IPC) weekly Microsoft Teams meeting exclusively for care providers with our local IPC specialists from the Integrated Commissioning Unit. These sessions cover important guidance updates, local area updates and also a live Q&A with our specialists. Contact the Southampton IPC Team to register your interest.