Each Cabinet Member is a Councillor who looks after a different area of the council. The areas are known as portfolios.
The Leader of the Council and Cabinet are supported by Democratic Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cabinet Members and their portfolios
- Leader of the Council - Councillor Christopher Hammond
- Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Customer Organisation – Councillor Jacqui Rayment
Brief: Continually improve the customer experience for all council services and introduce smarter ways of working across the council. Work to develop the workforce and drive innovation throughout the organisation.
- Cabinet Member for Finance & Income Generation – Councillor Stephen Barnes Andrews
Brief: Deliver the council’s financial strategy to fund all services and generate income. Ensure council money creates social value and wealth within the city through how we buy goods and services with our partners.
- Cabinet Member for Green City & Place – Councillor Steve Leggett
Brief: Deliver Southampton’s pioneering Green City Plan including approaches to make our air cleaner and become a carbon neutral council by 2030. Lead on developments to our transport infrastructure, the local plan, ensuring a green recovery and growth, improving the natural environment and waste and recycling services.
- Cabinet Member for Health and Adult Care – Councillor Lorna Fielker
Brief: Making the social care system work for the people of Southampton. Transforming the way we deliver adult social care services, improving case management and integrating NHS and council services.
- Cabinet Member for Children and Learning – Councillor Dr Darren Paffey
Brief: Ensuring that all children get the best start in life. Driving improvements in children’s social care, tackling child hunger and supporting young people.
- Cabinet Member for Culture and Homes – Councillor Satvir Kaur
Brief: Creating and maintaining safe and affordable homes, developing and promoting the city’s wide cultural offer and leading on our bid to become City of Culture 2025.
- Cabinet Member for Stronger Communities – Councillor David Shields
Brief: Supporting the communities of Southampton to work together, be cohesive and reduce overall crime rates.