Southampton has two Animal Welfare Officers who provide a number of animal related services:
- Collection of stray dogs either directly from the streets or from members of the public who have found them
- Advice to dog owners on a number of behavioural issues including noise, aggression and destructive behaviour in the home
- Work within schools and community groups to provide education in responsible dog ownership and how to be safe around dogs
- As an inspector under the Animal Welfare Act, working closely with the RSPCA to prosecute offenders
- Inspect animal related licensed premises (pet shops, breeders, boarding establishments)
You can contact the Animal Welfare Officers on 023 8083 3005 (option 4) or send them an email.
You can also follow us on twitter.