Your contribution explained

People who receive non-residential social care services are asked to complete a financial assessment to calculate whether they will be asked to make a contribution to the cost of their care.

If you choose not to complete a financial assessment, you will have to pay the full cost of care. By non-residential care services we mean services and support, such as home care and day care, which help people to remain independent at home.

This guidance explains your contributions for non-residential adult social care services and the way contributions are assessed and calculated in line with Southampton City Council policy.

Benefit rates and the maximum contribution rates included in the documents apply from 6 May 2019.

It is important that you provide us with up to date information so that your contribution can be calculated correctly.