Training for care professionals
Our training is mainly for social care workers both in the council and for Voluntary, Independent or Private social care providers (VIPs) who are contracted by us to provide social care for Southampton residents.
Training is important to provide good quality social care and to meet national and local requirements, for example:
- underpinning knowledge for the Care Act
- meeting the Care Quality Commission (CQC) essential standards of quality and safety
- council strategic priorities including dementia care/end of life care.
How to view and book places on Southampton City Council training courses
Any VIP social care provider we contract to provide social care services can view and apply to attend a range of training courses relevant for workers in residential and domiciliary care services. To apply for these courses, your organisation will need to register for and use the online 'My Learning' portal.
- Send the name of the person who will be responsible for booking training to email@example.com
- The registration we set up will be for the whole of your organisation
- We can only register one person per organisation.
Login details will be sent by email to the named person. We will also provide a link to the new portal and a 'How to Guide'. The registered contact will be able to:
- View course information
- Book courses available to them (only 2 places per event)
- Cancel/transfer delegates
- Run a report for their organisation.