Further information and resources
Call 999 if it is an emergency and the child is in immediate danger
What other support and help is available?
Health visiting team
Health visitors and Community Health Nurses see parents and children right from before birth through to five years old. They will see you towards the end of your pregnancy and then at set stages after your child is born until they start school. If you need more support, they may see you more regularly. Find out more about health visiting.
Southampton Information Directory
Our information directory introduces you to a wide range of resources for families with children and young people aged 0 to 19, including the following:
- Sure Start Children's Centres: Your local Sure Start is there to help give your child the best start in life, with lots of different services and activities available. These include learning through play, health advice, and parenting advice and support
- Parenting: Details about national and local agencies and services who can give you parenting advice and support. These pages will also show any parenting courses currently available
- Family health and wellbeing: This covers information about children's health and wellbeing, with links to health services that you might find useful
Other online resources
- Family Lives is a national family support charity providing help and support in all aspects of family life
- The NSPCC website gives advice on topics like bullying and cyberbullying
- Thinkuknow has guidance for parents on how to help your children get the most out of the internet and how to keep them safe online
- Healthier Together is a comprehensive guide for Parents in Southampton and surrounding areas to the health and wellbeing of their child, and includes up to date information about a range of health conditions parents might be concerned about, how long children should be away from school for medical conditions and how and when to access medical help, and where to get the right help for your child's condition.