We urgently need more foster carers from Southampton and the surrounding Hampshire areas.
Enquire about fostering form
Fostering information tables and events
Come and meet staff members and foster carers at our next fostering information events. Have your questions answered and take away an information pack.
- Fostering Information evening, Tuesday 14 March 2017 - 6:30pm to 8pm, Civic Centre, Southampton
- Fostering Information morning, Tuesday 4 April 2017 - 10am to 12 noon, Civic Centre, Southampton
Visit our information stand:
- Friday 17 February 2017, 10am to 4pm, Tesco, Winnall, SO23 7RS
- Wednesday 22 February 2017, 10am to 4pm, Asda, Eastleigh
- Saturday 25 February 2017, 12:30pm to 5:30pm, Hampshire Pride (celebrating LGBT lifestyles across Hampshire), Elizabeth II Court, Winchester
- Wednesday 1 March 2017, 9:30am to 1pm, Romsey Rapids Sports Complex, SO51 8AF
- Thursday 23 March 2017, 10am to 12:30pm, Shirley Library
Already fostering? Transferring to Southampton is quick and easy.
What is fostering?
Foster carers provide stable homes for children who can no longer live with their birth families. Young people who come in to the care of Local Authorities come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Ranging from new-born babies to teenagers, they all have different reasons for being in care.
Our foster carers offer a warm, caring and firm foundation, enabling children and young people to move into the future with confidence.
Could this be you? YouTube video
We use the word 'carer' because fostering involves more than being a substitute parent. The main difference is that many fostered young people will return to live with their own parents.
Our careful matching service means that we will consult you before we make a placement and we never encourage you to look after a young person if it does not meet your circumstances.
As a foster carer, you will also work as part of a professional team. This team includes social workers, doctors, teachers and therapists, as well as the birth family.
Why foster for Southampton City Council?
If you are interested in finding out more please see our start fostering page.
Once we receive your enquire about fostering form we will call you to arrange an initial screening visit in your own home.
Keep in touch
Like us on Facebook to keep up to date with fostering in Southampton
Sign up for fostering e-newsletters
Email us on email@example.com or phone on 0800 5 19 18 18