We urgently need more foster carers from Southampton and the surrounding Hampshire areas.
Enquire about fostering form
9:30am to 4:30pm:
- Tuesday 19 May, precinct outside Sainsbury's, Shirley SO15 5LL
- Wednesday 20 May, Bitterne Market SO18 1DD
- Friday 22 May, city centre market, outside the Bargate monument, Above Bar SO14 1HF
- Monday 1 June, West Quay shopping centre, lower ground floor display area SO15 1QE
Fostering and Adoption information tables
- Friday 15 May, 9am to 4:30pm, Southampton central train station, foyer area (platform 1 side) SO15 1AL
- Wednesday 3 June, 10am to 4pm, Asda (Chandlers Ford) SO53 3YJ
- Friday 5 June, 10am to 4pm, Haskins Garden Centre West End, Mansbridge Road SO18 3HW
Young people in care come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Ranging from new-born babies to teenagers, they all have different reasons for being in care.
Our foster carers offer a warm, caring and firm foundation, enabling children and young people to move into the future with confidence.
Could this be you? You Tube video
We use the word 'carer' because fostering involves more than being a substitute parent. The main difference is that many fostered young people will return to live with their own parents.
Our careful matching service means that we will consult you before we make a placement and we never encourage you to look after a young person if it does not meet your circumstances.
As a foster carer, you will also work as part of a professional team. This team includes social workers, doctors, teachers and therapists, as well as the birth family.
If you are interested in finding out more please see our start fostering page.
Once we receive your enquire about fostering form we will call you to arrange an initial screening visit in your own home.
0800 5 19 18 18