Due to essential IT work the council website and associated systems will not be available on Saturday 20 October between 6pm to 11pm. Thank you for your understanding while this work is undertaken.
Key tips about safe parenting
- Learn about healthy child development and safe parenting.
- Listen to children – try to understand what they’re saying and doing, and why.
- Know what goes on in your child’s world (such as their school, nursery, youth club) and how issues such as bullying are dealt with.
- Find someone to turn to if you’re under stress.
- Don’t cross the line and hurt your child. Take alternative actions – for example, “count to ten and think again”.
- Understand the seriousness and consequences of child abuse.