Key tips about safe parenting
- Learn about healthy child development and safe parenting.
- Listen to children – try to understand what they’re saying and doing, and why.
- Know what goes on in your child’s world (such as their school, nursery, youth club) and how issues such as bullying are dealt with.
- Find someone to turn to if you’re under stress.
- Don’t cross the line and hurt your child. Take alternative actions – for example, “count to ten and think again”.
- Understand the seriousness and consequences of child abuse.