Youth offending services are at the forefront of the Government's agenda to reduce crime, particularly youth crime. Set up under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998, each youth offending service must consist of representatives from probation, social care, health, education and the police to deliver co-ordinated youth justice services.
In Southampton, our key partners are:
- Southampton Children and Families Service
- Hampshire Constabulary
- National Probation Service
- Southampton City Clinical Commissioning Group
Our role is to reduce offending by young people. We work with young people who are involved in the criminal justice system. We work to reduce the factors which place them at risk of offending including:
- addressing their alcohol or drug use
- engaging them back into school
- working on their thinking skills.