Join our community
What is it?
Our Temporary employment agency (TEA) is similar to a high street recruitment agency – but purely for Southampton City Council. It is a register of workers who are available to provide cover for short term and temporary assignments within council services.
Work is on a casual basis and can be for different lengths of time in a variety of roles, for example, to cover holidays, maternity leave, or volume of work. Hours of work can be full time or part-time depending on the requirement.
Our assignments can be anything from two weeks to six months. The work available will be in a variety of service areas and locations in and around Southampton. Sometimes these assignments can be very short notice.
Why join the TEA?
- To gain experience and skills in interesting and varied assignments
- For our competitive rates of pay (based on the role profile for the work being undertaken)
- To accrue holiday pay when you work
- It is an exciting opportunity to work in a local public service organisation
- It can suit your availability and the hours you wish to work
What we are looking for
We need people from a wide range of backgrounds to join our team and be part of an organisation that provides a range of different services to the city and residents of Southampton.
The skills that we could put to use are:
- Office or administration experience
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience of using MS Office e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel
- Flexibility and adaptability
The regular assignments that we need to cover through our Temporary Employment Agency are:-
- Kitchen assistants in care homes (adult enhanced DBS is required)
- Housekeepers in care homes (adult enhanced DBS is required)
- Care workers safeguarding dementia experience (adult enhanced DBS is required)
- Grounds maintenance (enhanced DBS children’s for schools is required)
- LGV drivers
If you have the interest, skills, qualifications (if required) and experience (if required) to carry out any of the above roles on a temporary basis then we would welcome an application from you.
We are also keen to hear from people who have specialist skills or experience for instance carpenters, electricians, plumbers, social workers etc.
How to apply
We advertise for the TEA on a regular basis, so please visit our job portal to see if we are currently recruiting. If your application form meets the required standard then you will be asked to come to an informal interview to talk about your skills, experience and the type of assignment that may be suitable for you. Pre-employment checks will need to be completed before registration with our Temporary Employment Agency can be confirmed. Please note, you may need to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for some assignments.
There is no guarantee that work will be offered, and no obligation to accept any offer made.
For more information phone 023 8083 4033 or email email@example.com