Southampton City Council50 Years of City Status Stay connected logo

Stay connected

Our free email alerts service will help keep you connected to the things that matter to you.

Choose from a range of topics including:
Events, leisure and culture, library offers and community news,
job alerts, road works, city news and more...

Enter your email address below to get started or to edit your account.


You are here:home > Learning > Support for children in their learning > Educational psychology

Educational psychology

What are educational psychologists?

Educational psychologists (EPs) are psychologists who specialise in child development. Most have a teaching qualifications and experience. They work with parents, carers, schools and other professionals to promote young people's learning and development. They can work with an individual child, a class or a whole-school.

How can I contact an educational psychologist?

All Southampton City Council schools have a link EP. Parents should contact the school's special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCo) so that concerns can be raised with the link EP.

Contact information