The management of five libraries has now passed to community organisations. From April 2016 the following transfers took place and there were some necessary closures of libraries to prepare for their operation by community organisations.
- Burgess Road Library transferred 25 April and following refurbishment has now re-opened. Please note the new Burgess Road Library opening hours
- Weston Library transferred on 25 July. It moved to a new location at 68 Weston Lane, Weston, SO19 9GH with new Weston Library opening hours
- Cobbett Road Library transferred on Monday 6 June
- Thornhill Library transferred on 18 April
- Millbrook Library transferred on 11 April. It also moved to a new location in the Pickles Coppice Children’s Centre in Windermere Avenue with new Millbrook Library opening hours
Thank you for your continued patience through this process.
Find out more information about the organisations who will be running the libraries.
Southampton has 11 libraries.
Map of Southampton libraries
Your local library: