The Southampton Compact is a local approach to partnership working between public sector agencies and the voluntary and community sectors in the city. It aims to increase understanding, clarify expectations, and improve joint working in the City.
In January 2013, Southampton Connect approved an update to the Southampton Compact to make it more up to date. The updated Compact focuses on five headings which each contain undertakings for local Public Bodies and Agencies and for the local Voluntary and Community Sector:
1. A strong, diverse and independent civil society
2. Effective and transparent design and development of policies, programmes and public services
3. Responsive and high-quality programmes and services
4. Clear arrangements for managing changes to programmes and services
5. An equal and fair society
You can download the new Southampton Compact at the bottom of this page.