When buying goods or services by phone, mail order, via the internet or digital TV consumers have the following rights:
- The right to clear information about goods and services before deciding to buy
- Confirmation of this information in writing when making a purchase
- Goods must be provided within 30 days, unless agreed otherwise
- A cooling off period of seven working days in which consumers can cancel the contract and claim a full refund
- 30 days in which the trader must provide the refund
- A geographical address of the trader must be provided for complaints
There are some contracts where the above rights will not apply, for example, concert tickets, car hire and catering. For further advice please follow the links below or contact Consumer Direct on the details below. For your cancellation rights please see the Advice Leaflets Recall page.