The Street Homeless Prevention Team aim to effectively minimise the need for anyone to have to resort to street homelessness and to ensure that returning to live on the streets is unacceptable.
Our objectives are:-
- To meet and support individuals, in Southampton, who are street homeless or are imminently at risk of street homelessness
- To assist people sleeping rough to exit a street lifestyle by accessing appropriate services to meet their needs
- To support individuals in the positive choices they make that prevent them from returning to the street
- To reconnect people, where appropriate, to their local area so that they can access the most appropriate services to meet their needs
We provide four key roles to service users and partner agencies within the City:-
- Outreach – The Team target hotspot areas to locate people who are street homeless. This activity is carried our twice weekly and can be increased to suit changing needs and requirements
- Hostel Referral Sessions - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 9.30 am - 11.00 am at the Two Saints Day Centre
- Risk of Eviction Scheme – in partnership with adult homelessness services this service seeks to prevent evictions from supported accommodation and therefore prevent a return to a street lifestyle
- Referral Protocol – In partnership with the adult homelessness services this service seeks to oversee the smooth running of the homelessness pathway, from assessment to move on accommodation
If you would like to contact a member of the Street Homeless Prevention team, you can meet us at the Cranbury Avenue day centre Monday to Friday between 9.30am and 11.00am, or call us using the telephone number below.
If you wish to report a rough sleeper you can email us at email@example.com, speak to a member of the team on the telephone number below or download and complete and return the form below. Please provide us with the exact details of where the rough sleeper is. We might need to contact you to get a more precise location.