Southampton City Council residents can renew their bus passes in a Southampton Library, Local Housing Office or in Gateway at One Guildhall Square. Bus pass renewal forms are available at these venues or can be printed from the link below. You will need to take with you proof of any change to your address or name since your last card was issued. If you would like to have a new photograph on your new card you can supply a colour passport photograph taken on a light background or apply in Gateway where you can have your photograph taken (this is not a guaranteed service).
Residents who qualify due to age
Senior Citizens with bus passes which are due to expire within the next 60 days can renew ONLINE which will allow them to update their photograph and address. Please note that the Online system will not be able to process applications for cards which have already expired. An automated check will be made for a change of address.
Alternatively, renewals can be made in one of the council venues listed above and relevant documents will be required. If there is no change of address or name, a bus pass can be renewed by telephoning 023 8083 3008.
Residents who are registered as severely sight impaired/blind
Please provide a registration card which confirms that you are severely sight impaired/blind. Your card will then be issued with a green triangle which will allow you to travel at any time within the Southampton City Council area.
Residents who are eligible disabled
To qualify for the English National Concessionary (ENC) bus pass you will need to provide with your renewal form one proof of qualification from the following:
• A registration card stating that the holder is partially sighted, profoundly or severely deaf or without speech.
• A letter from the Department for Work and Pensions which states that you are currently in receipt of the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance.
• A letter from Southampton Day Services or Southampton Learning Disabilities team stating that you have a Learning Disability.
• A recent letter from the DVLA stating that you have been refused a driving licence on medical grounds.
• A letter from the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency stating that you are in receipt of War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement.
• A completed 09MQ form signed and stamped by a medical practitioner, confirming your eligibility (available from Gateway in the Civic Centre, by telephoning 023 8083 3008 or can be printed from this page).
For the seven categories identified as eligible for concessionary bus travel please see the 'Bus Pass for the Eligible Disabled' link on the left side of this page.
The Itchen Bridge Service will be reassigned to your new bus pass card if it was on your expiring bus pass.
Local Southampton Bus Pass
From 1 April 2013 Southampton City Council will only issue concessionary bus passes under the English National Concessionary Travel Scheme. The Local Southampton bus pass will still be accepted until the expiry date on the front of the card. Please see above for information about the English National Concessionary bus pass.
A photocopy of your qualification document will be taken and attached to your renewal form.