Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
(i) To delegate to the Head of Legal, HR and Democratic Services:
· the administration and enforcement of the function and;
· the power to request further information of applicants (paragraph 4, schedule 1);
· to determine applications (including refusal), revoke licences or to impose conditions under section 3(8);
the power to issue or cancel a closure notice for unlicensed sites, and, where appropriate, to apply for closure orders (schedule 2) and take such other action in this respect as may be required.
1. The legislation gives the Council new statutory licensing powers replacing existing registration powers with effect from 1 October 2013.
2. The Council is required to carry out the function, although, at the date of this report, it has not been made clear whether this will be an executive or non-executive function.
Given the statutory nature of the function, there are no alternative options.
Publication date: 15/10/2013
Date of decision: 15/10/2013
Decided at meeting: 15/10/2013 - Cabinet
Effective from: 23/10/2013