Venue: Conference Room 3 - Civic Centre
Contact: Sue Lawrence, Democratic Support Officer 023 8083 3569
Apologies And Changes In Membership (If Any)
To note any changes in the membership of the Sub-Committee made in accordance with Council Procedure Rule 4.3.
The Sub-Committee noted that apologies had been received from Councillor Parnell.
To approve and sign as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting held on 7th October 2015 and to deal with any matters arising, attached.
RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 26th February 2015 be approved and signed as a correct record.
Exclusion Of The Press And Public
At a predetermined point during the consideration of all items the Sub-Committee may move into private session in order to receive legal advice when determining issues. The press and the public, unless otherwise excluded by Category 4 of paragraph 10.4 of the Council's Access to Information Procedure Rules, will be invited to return immediately following that private session at which time the matter will be determined and the decision of the Sub-Committee will be announced.
RESOLVED that in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003 (Hearings) Regulations 2005 that the parties to the hearing, press and public be excluded at a predetermined point whilst the Sub-Committee reaches its decision.
Report of the Head of Legal and Democratic Services detailing an application for Variation of a Sexual Entertainment Venue Licence in respect of Wiggle, 188 Above Bar Street, Southampton SO14 7DW, attached.
The Sub-Committee considered the application for the variation of a Sexual Entertainment Venue Licence in respect of Wiggle, 188 Above Bar Street, Southampton SO14 7DW.
Jaspal Ojla (applicant) and Anthony Horne (applicant’s legal representative) were present and with the consent of the Chair addressed the meeting.
RESOLVED that the variation of a Sexual Entertainment Venue licence to extend the permitted hours and to amend the internal layout of the premises, as specified in the application, be approved.
The Sub-Committee noted that:
· The applicant had held a Sexual Entertainment Venue licence in Southampton since 2nd January 2016 when the licence had transferred under delegated powers without objection.
· That the licence was renewable annually and that the licence would therefore be up for renewal in February this year.
· The premises licence under the Licensing Act 2003 was varied on 30 December 2015 without objection, to extend regulated entertainment until 06:00, and provision of late night refreshment and the supply by retail of alcohol until 05:00.
· The applicant operated other premises under Sexual Entertainment Venue licences in Bournemouth and Portsmouth and had done for a considerable period.
· The application was made following consultation with and without objection from the local Constabulary.
· The variation would bring the operation of the premises into line with other premises operating in the City.
· The applicant had exceeded statutory requirements for the variation of a Sexual Entertainment Venue Licence by advertising in the local press and by serving a copy of the proposed variation on Hampshire Constabulary and that neither Hampshire Constabulary nor any other party had raised objection.