Agenda

Schools Forum
Wednesday, 19th September, 2018 4.00 pm

Venue: Fairisle Junior School, Fairisle Road, Lordshill, Southampton, SO16 8BY

Contact: Schools Forum Administration  Email: SchoolsForum.Admin@southampton.gov.uk

Items
No. Item

1.

Election of Chair and Vice-Chair

To elect a Chair and Vice-Chair to the Schools Forum for the 2018-2019 Academic Year.

2.

Apologies and Changes in Membership (if any)

To note apologies and changes in membership.

3.

Minutes of Previous Meeting - 27 June 2018 pdf icon PDF 268 KB

To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 27 June 2018.

 

To include updates on items:

 

(Item 6a) Primary Schools bulge and expansion

 

(Item 6b) Funding of Previous amalgamation – Junior/Infant School

4.

Declarations of Interest

In accordance with the Localism Act 2011, and the Council’s Code of Conduct, Members to disclose any personal or pecuniary interests in any matter included on the agenda for this meeting.

 

NOTE:  Members are reminded that, where applicable, they must complete the appropriate form recording details of any such interests and hand it to the Meeting Support Officer.

5.

Register of Interests

Members to complete a Register of Interests form as referenced in the Terms of Reference.

6.

Southampton Schools Forum Constitution / Terms of Reference

Annual review of the Southampton Schools Forum Constitution / Terms of Reference.

7.

Standing Item: LA Update on DFE/EFA Funding Announcements

7a

LA to provide an update if applicable regarding national announcements.

7b

Updates on School National Funding Formula (NFF) 2019/20 - on the basis of Stage 2 response and DfE final proposals.

8.

Local Authority Updates

8a

Education Services Review (ESR)

Paul Atkins to provide an update on ESR.

8b

Private Funding Initiative (PFI)

Nick Persson to provide an update on PFI.

8c

Agresso Update

Nick Persson to provide an update on Agresso.

8d

Dedicated Schools Grant (DSG)

·  Budget monitoring update.

·  Modelling Programme and options showing impact for maintained schools and academies.

8e

Update on Secondary School expansion

To elect a Secondary School representative to attend board meeting.

8f

Excess Surplus Savings Policies

Nick Perrson to provide an update for discussion.

8g

Teachers Pay Policy

Approval to be sought from Schools Forum regarding the updated policy.

8h

Schools Trade Union Facilities Fund and Agreement

Katie Cope to update on the draft facilities agreement.

8i

Schools HR Service

Katie Cope to provide an update on Schools HR Service.

9.

Closing Remarks and Date of Next Meeting

Wednesday 17 October (DSG dedicated meeting)

Time: 4:00pm start

Venue: Swaythling Primary School