Approval to spend Capital Funding on Environment and Transport Portfolio Schemes 2012/13
Decision maker: Cabinet
Decision type: Key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider a report of the Cabinet Member for Environment and Transport seeking approval to amend and approve capital expenditure, in accordance with Financial Procedure Rules, on schemes within the Environment and Transport capital programme for 2012/13.
The highway improvement schemes, which form the largest part of the programme, will be assessed using the rigorous application of the Transport Asset Management Plan.
On consideration of the report of the Cabinet Member for Environment and Transport, Cabinet agreed the following:
(i) Subject to approval of Council to capital variations and additional funding on 14th March 2012, to approve, in accordance with Financial Procedure Rules, capital expenditure of £10,257,000 in 2012/13, as detailed in Appendix 2, from the total Environment and Transport Capital Programme of £13,236,000.
(ii) To note the detail of the projects within the Capital Programme for 2012/13, as set out in Appendix 3, including a major scheme to resurface Redbridge Roundabout.
Reasons for the decision:
1. Financial Procedure Rules require that approval to spend is secured to enable the delivery of the Councils Capital Programme each year.
2. The details of the projects are included to provide Members with relevant information.
3. To amend the funding allocations in response to the latest Transport Asset Management priorities for road surfacing projects.
Alternative options considered:
- The proposed programme is fully funded and is based on available funding levels.
- A smaller programme than that proposed would undermine the essential support for the ongoing development of the City, fail to meet the objectives set out in the Local Transport Plan (LTP3), or deliver any noticeable improvement in the basic highway infrastructure.
Report author: David Armstrong
Publication date: 12/03/2012
Date of decision: 12/03/2012
Decided at meeting: 12/03/2012 - Cabinet
Effective from: 21/03/2012
- 023 8083 2430