Issue - meetings
Northam Road - Grant to Grays Limited
Meeting: 19/06/2012 - Cabinet (Item 6)
Report of the Cabinet Member for Communities, seeking to improve the appearance and ‘offer’ of the street, attached.
DECISION MADE: (Ref: CAB 11/12 8533)
On consideration of the report of the Cabinet Member forCommunities, Cabinet agreed the following:
(i) To award a grant of £138,000 to Grays Development Ltd for the refurbishment of agreed properties in Northam Road subject to;
1. Satisfactory appraisal of a funding application
2. Confirmation of the type and value (£) of proposed grant funded works
3. Appointment of a suitably qualified Property Surveyor to scrutinise expenditure
4. Confirmation of co-investment/match funding and the works programme
and on the basis that the grant funding or remainder thereof is time limited and will be withdrawn either:
1. if the first claim for payment of grant monies is not received by the Council before 7 January 2013; or
2. two years from the date of sealing of the Grant Funding Agreement.
(ii) To delegate authority to the Director of Economic Development in consultation with the Head of Legal, HR and Democratic Services, to enter into a funding agreement with Grays Development Ltd and to do anything necessary to give effect to the allocation of the grant including payment of grant monies in arrears.
(iii)To add, in accordance with Financial Procedure Rules, a sum of £138,000 to the Leader’s Capital Programme, for a capital grant towards works at Old Northam Road.
(iv)To approve, in accordance with Financial Procedure Rules, capital expenditure of £138,000 in 2012/13 from the Leader’s Capital Programme to award a capital grant.
- 023 8083 2430