The Nationality Checking Service is carried out in partnership with the Home Office. Our staff have been fully trained by the Home Office and are registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner, an independent body established by Parliament, which regulates organisation’s offering this service.
Please note, our staff are unable to give advice on individual applications. Using this service does not speed up your application or guarantee you British Citizenship.
Local authorities provide the Nationality Checking Service at the point of application. For a fee, this service enables your application form to be checked and securely sent to the Home Office, together with certified copies of your supporting documents, allowing you to retain your original documents.
Please note, it is the applicant's responsibility to check that they have provided the necessary documents in-line with current requirements. These can be found in Booklet AN and Guidance AN available on GOV.UK
Before booking an appointment
The Nationality Checking Service is by appointment only. If you contact us by telephone, email or in person we aim to respond within ten days.
Before attending your appointment make sure you have:
- Completed the application for naturalisation as a British citizen form (each applicant must complete a separate UK Visas and Immigrations application form)
- All the relevant supporting documents that are listed in the application form
- A valid credit or debit card - a non-refundable payment will be taken when you make your appointment
Failure to complete the correct application form in advance, or bring the requested supporting documents, will require another appointment to be made and a second appointment fee to be charged
Joint NCS and passport application service
- You can submit your UK passport application at your nationality checking appointment using this service. We will check that your passport application is completed correctly, and arrange for it to be sent to the Passport Office
- If you are granted citizenship, your new passport will be sent to your home after the citizenship ceremony
- If you would like to take advantage of this service, complete a passport application form, available from any Post Office, and bring it with you to your appointment
- Current passport fees are available on the GOV.UK website. The additional fee to the Council for checking your passport application is £10
- Any applicants over the age of 15 years 6 months must attend the appointment as they are considered to be adult applicants
How to book your appointment
Complete the contact form on our contact details page.
For further information please feel free to visit the GOV.UK website
Other Services of interest
- International English Language Testing System