St Mary Extra Cemetery
Gates remain open from 7am to dusk all year round.
The cemetery has a Grade II listed Chapel situated within the grounds which, on payment of an additional fee, can be used for holding a service prior to a burial taking place.
For information on our below ground cremated remains plots, which can hold up to four sets of cremated remains, please contact Bereavement Services on 023 8076 6405.
Seating capacity: 45 people.
There are no public toilet facilities at this cemetery.
The first burial to take place at St Mary Extra Cemetery (originally St Mary Extra Burial Board and then Itchen Urban District Council) was on 17 November 1879. The cemetery was taken over by Southampton City Council in 1922.
St Mary Extra Cemetery can accommodate both new and re-opened graves and there is a section available for the interment of cremated remains and new sections for burials including areas of larger, premium graves.