Contact the Register Office online or by phone
Births and deaths
If the death was referred to the Coroner please telephone 023 8091 5327. Parents wishing to register a stillbirth or death of a child should telephone 023 8091 5327.
Marriages and Civil Partnerships
- for all non-urgent marriage and civil partnership enquiries and bookings please complete the contact form below. Please note due to high demand for this service we may not be able to respond to your enquiry within 5 working days.
- for urgent marriage and civil partnership enquiries telephone 023 8091 5327 or out of hours 023 8023 3344
- to order a duplicate certificate please order online
Nationality checking and citizenship
- please complete the contact form below for all enquiries. Please note due to high demand for this service we may not be able to respond to your enquiry within 5 working days
European passport return service
Please see our webpage for full details of the European passport return service. We regret that we are unable to advise or answer individual enquiries about this service.
We apologise, our phone line is very busy and some customers may have difficulty getting through. Please help us to keep our phone lines clear for emergency enquiries by using the customer contact form below or our online services such as making an appointment or duplicate certificate ordering. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Please complete the contact form below and we will endeavour to call you back or email our reply within 5 working days.
Save time - go on line.
Your contact details
Privacy: Any information you provide on this form will be held by Southampton City Council strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Southampton Register Office
6a Bugle Street
Office opening hours:
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 9am to 4:30pm
- Tuesday 10am to 4:30pm
- Friday 9am to 4pm
For European Passport Checking Service please refer to our webpage for service availability details.
Saturday by appointment only for ceremonies.
All birth and death registrations and notices of marriage are by appointment only and are subject to availability between ceremonies.
Please ensure you arrive on time and bring all the correct documents with you or your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
If you are unable to keep your appointment please contact us.
Getting to Southampton Register Office