The Citywatch CCTV partnership provides residents with protection and reassurance that there are people looking out for their safety and their property and to making Southampton a safer place to live, work and visit.
- Comprises over 300 cameras, covering car parks and public spaces in the city and district
- 31 traffic cameras, combined with the public space cameras provide a CCTV footprint of approximately 12 square miles on all main arterial routes, city and district centres
- Control room staffed 24 hours per day, 365 days per year
- All staff are fully Security Industry Authority trained and accredited
- Monitors an average of 690 incidents per month, involving an average of 120 arrests
- Police reviews of CCTV footage average 100 per month
- Answers an average of 1355 customer enquiries per month via car park help points