Due to essential IT work the council website and associated systems will not be available on Saturday 20 October between 6pm to 11pm. Thank you for your understanding while this work is undertaken.

Buildings in conservation areas

Proposals to demolish buildings, or to build new buildings within or adjacent to conservation areas, require Planning Permission. It is a good idea to talk through your proposals with the Conservation Officer before an application is submitted. This may save you time and money later on.

Our policy on conservation areas and development is outlined in Southampton City Council's Local Plan (policies HE1 and HE2).

See also 

Email: conservation.officer@southampton.gov.uk

Conservation Officer
Historic Environment Team
Planning & Sustainability
Southampton City Council
Civic Centre
SO14 7LY