We strongly recommend that you make your application via the Planning Portal.
However, you can also download the appropriate planning application forms from the Planning Portal website. This uses a series of questions to work out exactly which form is right for you which you can print off and complete.
Apply by filling out the right form and sending it in with the correct supporting documents, plans and notice to:
Planning and Sustainability
Southampton City Council
Civic Centre Road
or by taking it to Gateway, One Guildhall Square, Southampton, SO14 7FP
You will need to send in one copy of each document, including the application form, (unless it is a major application, then 2 copies are required) and pay the correct fee. The fee can be paid at Gateway or via a cheque made payable to Southampton City Council.
Any applications which are made invalid and where the additional information requested is not submitted within the time frame given, will be returned in the post along with a 25% administration cost taken from the planning fee refund.
No fees are payable in the following cases:
- Applications required because of the removal of permitted development rights by a condition or Article 4 direction
- Works to improve access to a public building for people with disabilities, or to improve his/her access, safety, health or comfort at his/her dwelling
- If the proposal is the first revision of an application for development of the same character or description on the same site by the same applicant within 12 months of making the earlier application and
- if withdrawn or the date of decision if refused, or within 12 months of expiry of the statutory 8 weeks period where the applicant has appealed to the Secretary of State on grounds of non-determination
- Application for Listed Building Consent (Includes Discharge of Conditions for same)
- Alternative applications for one site submitted on same date by same applicant the standard fee is payable in respect of each application.