Southampton City Council is unable to provide a Duty Planning Officer service until further notice.
When available, the duty officer can discuss:
- Permitted development rights
- Extensions and alterations to domestic dwellings
- Small-scale commercial developments
- Small-scale advertisements
- Minor physical alterations to commercial properties
- The council's planning policies, standards and guidelines
- The filling out of forms and checking if an application is complete
For more information or confirmation, we recommend using our full pre-application advice service.
The duty planner will not be available to:
- Give written advice
- Discuss any larger-scale development proposals (Please submit a pre-application)
- Discuss with applicants or agents the technical merits of current applications, recently refused applications or appeals – you will need to discuss this with original case officer
- Decide minor amendments to planning permissions - you will need to discuss with original case officer or submit a minor amendment application
Any advice given by the duty planner does not indicate any formal decision by the council as local planning authority.
Any views or opinions expressed are given in good faith and to the best of ability, without prejudice to the formal consideration of any planning application following statutory public consultation, the issues raised and evaluation of all available information.
If you would like further information you can email email@example.com.