Apply for a new residents' permit
Please read the guidance notes before you apply for a residents' parking permit.
You will need:
- A MySouthampton account - We will ask you to sign up or log in when applying
- To upload proof of your address and vehicle ownership - A smartphone photograph will do
- Your student reference number (if applicable)
- To make the payment with a credit or debit card. Your card must be registered for 3D Secure for the payment to be successful
- A printer (you can carry on without a printer but you will need one to print the temporary permit)
We aim to process your permit application within two working days of your request. Once we have processed your application, you should receive your permit in the post within seven working days.
Once your online application is submitted and paid for, you will be able to print a three week temporary permit to display in your vehicle while your annual permit is being processed.
Please note: If we ask you for more information, and you do not respond within three months, your application will be closed and you will not be refunded.
Apply for a new parking permit