The amount you have to pay to cross the Itchen toll bridge is based on the height of your vehicle at the front axle. We are unable to offer change.
You can manage and topup your SmartCities Itchen bridge account online.
Troubleshoot issues with using the online Itchen bridge top up system
- Pay in cash - acceptable coins 10p, 20p, 50p, £1 and £2
- Pay by SmartCities card
- Motorcyclists cross free - Please approach the payment machine on either side of the marked chevron
- Help point
- Receipts available
Charges and peak periods
- Peak times are Monday to Friday 07:00 to 09:30 and 16:00 to 18:30
- All other times are off peak, including weekends and bank holidays.
- There is no charge on Christmas Day or Boxing Day.
- Charges are calculated by vehicle height at the front axle in meters.
Class 1 – motorcycles and three-wheeled vehicles
- There is no charge for these vehicles
Class 2 – cars, small vans and small 4x4s
- Height at first axle up to 1.33m
- Toll due 60p (peak) 50p (off peak)
- Residents Concessionary toll 40p (peak) 30p (off peak)
Class 3 – large vans (e.g. transit) and large 4x4s
- Height at first axle between 1.33m to 2.39m
- Toll due: £1.20
- Business Concessionary toll 60p
- Southampton registered taxi concession 60p
Class 4 – HGVs
- Height at first axle more than 2.39m
- Toll due £25.00
- Business Concessionary toll £2.00
Itchen Bridge tolls order