Southampton has an excellent range of public transport options.
My Journey - your one stop destination for travel information and advice in and around the Southampton area
Our Public Transport map shows all bus, rail and ferry services that operate within Southampton, including those serving destinations outside of the city.
Solent Go is a new, smart travel card you top up yourself, which can be used to travel all over South Hampshire - on buses, ferries and even the hovercraft.
Concessionary travel is available on production of a valid SmartCities travel card
Bus companies operating in Southampton
- Bluestar city services and buses to neighbouring towns
- City Red city services and First Solent buses towards Fareham and Gosport
- Unilink city services operating to and from the university of Southampton
- Xelabus services to Freemantle, Upper Shirley, Hedge End and to Bishops Waltham via Bitterne
- Salisbury Reds buses to Salisbury via Totton and Paultons Park
- Wheelers buses to Romsey via Portswood and Chilworth
Ferry services operating from Southampton
Train services operating from Southampton
- South Western Railway to London Waterloo, Winchester, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Salisbury and Weymouth
- Southern Trains to Chichester, Brighton, Gatwick Airport and London Victoria
- Cross Country Trains to Reading, Oxford, Birmingham, Manchester and the north east
- Great Western Railway to Portsmouth, Bath, Bristol and Cardiff
Coach operators from Southampton
- National Express to London, Heathrow and Gatwick Airports, and across the country
- Megabus to the midlands and the north
Bus Services Operators' Grant (BSOG)
LOCAL AUTHORITY BUS SUBSIDY RING-FENCED (REVENUE) GRANT DETERMINATION 2017/18
The BSOG grant paid to Southampton City Council under this determination may be used only for the purposes of supporting bus services (including community transport services run under a section 19 permit), or for the provision of infrastructure supporting such services in that authority’s, or a neighbouring authority’s, area.
Southampton City Council has used the grant in full to maintain current tendered services which consist of: