To provide a customer orientated Building Control Service through partnership working that will meet the needs of our customers and add value to projects.
Benefits of Using Our Service
- Contribute to partnership working and act as part of the design and construction team to ensure timely development and completion of projects.
- Provide free preliminary consultation prior to submitting an application.
- Provide access to historic data (subject to data protection) and local knowledge on ground conditions.
- Provide flexible, innovative and robust interpretation of the regulations.
- Provide rapid feedback on applications (85% of applications examined within 15 working days).
- Liaise with other Council services and outside agencies to ensure co-ordinated feedback given.
- Proactively assess design changes as they arise.
- In-house fire and structural engineer used to assess designs
- Good communication links, e-mail, mobile phones, fax, meetings etc.
- Same day inspection service where request made by 10.00am.
- Areas of non-compliance confirmed in writing as required.
- Proactively advise on any matter to be resolved prior to completion.
- Certificates of Occupation / Completion issued following completion of work.
- Access to a range of added value services:
- LABC Warranty;
- LABC Consult which includes Energy ratings, Sustainable Homes ratings and Fire Risk Assessments.
A Selection of Recent Projects Successfully Completed
West Quay Shopping Centre
New shopping centre for Hammerson PLC
Contractor - Sir Robert McAlpine
800,000 ft2 retail space
1612 car parking spaces
Build Cost £280M
Friends Provident Stadium
New 32,500 seater stadium for Southampton Football Club
Contractor - Barr Construction
Build Cost £25M
Magistrates` Courts Complex
New Courts for Lord Chancellor`s Department
Contractor - Norwest Holst
Build Cost £7M
New five storey commercial development
Contractor - Warrings
Build Cost £4M
West Central Residential Development
Five storey block of 27 flats
Contractor - Linden Homes plc
New sports and diving complex
Build Cost £6.7M
De Vere Grand Harbour Hotel
New hotel and leisure complex
Build Cost £7.5M
Southampton Marina Residential Development
430 luxury flats in 5 blocks
Contractor - Wilson Bowden City Homes
Southampton PFI Schools
Three new secondary schools
Contractor - Interserve
Build Cost £30M