Wednesday 29 May 2013 / 10am – 4pm / Central Library, Civic Centre, Southampton
Following on from last year’s success, this year’s Eco Fair will be held during May half-term to give all the family a chance to get involved!
• Meet representatives from local environmental groups
• Find out how to save on your fuel bills and reduce your carbon footprint
• Bring your bike along for a free check-up with the bike doctor
• Find out how we can help you cycle your way to fitness!
Activities for children (in the children's library)
Storytime - 10.30-11.00am
Craft sessions 11.00-3.00pm
• Rainforest vines - choose your favourite paper animals/plants to make your own vine
• 'Dear Zoo' pop ups
Origami workshops with Brenda Moggridge
10.00-10.30, 10.30-11.00, 11.00-11.30.
11.30-12.00, 1.00-1.30, 1.30-2.00.
Wildlife friendly sessions 10.00-3pm
Join Ian Bailey from the Hawthorns Centre for practical hands on activities
All activities are free, no need to book - just drop-in. Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
Who will be attending?
Southampton City Council’s Sustainability and Recycling teams; My Journey cycling development team; Hawthorns Urban Wildlife Centre; Southampton Greenpeace; Southampton Ramblers; Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust; Studio Red Fitness; Southampton Cycling Campaign; Southampton Commons and Parks Protection Society; Beverley Newman Bits and Bobs Crafts; Siwok Crafts; Southampton and District Woodcraft Folk; The Bike Doctor; and Brenda Moggridge’s Origami.
For more information please contact Bob Cole 023 8083 2639