The Learning Centre is based in the Central Library. It offers training and learning opportunities for job seekers with qualified, experienced tutors ready to provide help and support. See below for details of a 3 day course specifically aimed at job seekers.
IT for Jobseekers
Mon 09.45 – 14.45
Wed 09.45 – 14.45
Fri 09.45 – 14.45
• Course is free
• Need to be unemployed and actively seeking work
• Must be available for all three days of the course
• Learn to use keyboard, mouse and email
• Learn to search for jobs online
• Create (or improve on) an electronic version of your CV
• Search and apply for work on Universal Jobmatch
• Explore further training options: The course allows you to choose and complete other short courses/learning activities that will benefit you e.g. word processing.
Drop-in sessions for course completers and those who already have IT skills (and are job seekers) are run on Weds and Fri only at 3.00-4.15pm. N.B. No teaching at drop-ins although a tutor will be on hand to help.
To book a place on the course call 023 8083 2162. No need to book for drop-in sessions.
Unfortunately we are not funded to tutor non-job-seekers