The H.O.P.E programme is a seven week course for people who are living with and beyond cancer. It is a wonderful opportunity to meet and make new friends with other cancer survivors and together find new ways to take control of the stress and emotional difficulties you may be facing.
It’s about what you can and want to do:
• Feel reassured and able to recognise own potential for making changes to enhance quality of life and happiness.
• Feel more able to support and share with others and lessen feelings of isolation.
• Recognise and apply the tools of this course to build confidence and self-efficacy.
• Feel more confident in dealing with own emotional issues and handle anger, depression and stressful situations.
• Recognise and apply positive thinking and handle negative feelings and uncertainty
• Know how to make achievable long and short term plans for change.
• Learn to use and enjoy relaxation methods refresh the mind and body.
The course will take place at Southampton Central Library and will begin on Monday 21 January 2013. Each session is 2.5 hours which will begin at 12.30pm
To book your place or for more information please contact Simone Simmons on 023 8083 2460 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can book by contacting Jo Reeves or Mary Weavers at the Macmillan Cancer Information Support Centre on 023 80796037