The Library Service has produced a Plan which tells you how the service will continue to provide excellent, improving services and value for money for the next five years. It also shows how the service will:
• Improve the computer and literacy skills of the city, and the educational prospects of young people.
• Develop libraries as places where local people can encounter a wide range of Council and other services and as a focus for community involvement.
We would welcome feedback and comments about the plan and if you require more information we are happy to provide it. Any feedback should be sent to David Baldwin, Libraries Manager:
Address: Central Library, Civic Centre, Southampton, SO14 7LW
A summary of the Plan can be downloaded from the 'Downloadable documents' section further down this page.
Friends of the Library
We are also keen to hear from you if you would like to become more involved in the development of library services through our independent Friends Groups. Friends of the Library support and promote their local library through various activities such as:
• fund raising
• encouraging use of library facilities
• arranging social and other events
• giving ideas for developing the library service and its buildings
We are looking for people to join existing Friends Groups or help to set up new ones. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, find out more by following the link to the volunteers page.