We’re looking for volunteers.
Local people like you with free time to give to their local library
Whatever your experience or the amount of time you are able to give there are opportunities for everyone.
• Play a key role in supporting the library service in a range of activities
• Helping to run Millbrook and Thornhill Libraries
• Encouraging the use of libraries by children
• Discover and help preserve Southampton's local history collections
• Use your I.T. skills to open up the pleasure of computers to beginners
• Deliver books to housebound people in their homes
• Join or start up independent 'Friends of Libraries' groups
In return for your support, we can offer you the following benefits:
• The chance to work with our lively team in a creative and sociable environment
• Out of pocket expenses for travel to and from home
• All staff benefits including discount on music and DVD loans
No specific experience is needed for most activities and we will work with you to match your free time with those of your local library.
Applicants must be aged 18 or over. All successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check. An interest in libraries is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
If you require further information or would like to apply for any of the volunteering opportunities, please download the volunteer information pack and application form from the downloadable documents section available further down this page.
If you would like to discuss the opportunities further please telephone Liz Whale on 023 8083 2816