Apply for a school place or change an existing school place.
If you pay your council tax to Southampton City Council then you must apply for schools, wherever they are, through the Council Admissions team.
You cannot visit the Admissions Team in person.
Find your catchment area
Online application deadlines
- 23:59 on 15 January 2015 for reception year R and infant to junior school year 3
- Secondary school year 7 applications closed at 23:59 on 31 October 2014. For late applications, please contact email@example.com.
You cannot apply online:
- After the closing dates for September 2015 places
- For places needed in this academic year
- If you have recently moved to Southampton your application will be treated as a late application
- If you are not happy with your child's current school you can request an in year transfer
- If your child has a Statement for Special Education Needs or Education, Health and Care Plan, you will need to contact the Special Needs Team on 023 8083 3270
- If your intention is to apply only to an independent or private school, please advise the schools admissions team in writing.
General guidance to using the online system
- If it is your first online application you will need to register with an email address
- If you change your mind about which schools to apply for, or the order of your preferences, you can make changes online up to the closing date for applications for your year group.
- You are advised to state three different schools in your application to ensure you have the greatest chance of getting an offer at a school you have some preference for.
- We cannot guarantee your child a place even in catchment schools
- More help with online applications
What happens next?
- Any application received after the deadline date will be treated as a late application. Late applications will only be processed after all the on-time applications have been completed and it may mean missing out on your preferred schools.
- Getting your application in on time gives your child the best chance of being offered their preferred school.
- When the applications have been processed you will receive an offer of a place
- You have the right to appeal the place offered. There is no guarantee of being successful.
- You may be placed on a waiting list for your preferred school