Private or voluntary pre-schools, nurseries or childminders claiming pre-school nursery education funding from Southampton City council, for three year old and four year old children, are funded at the minimum rate of £3.65 per hour.
Completing and submitting funding forms
Autumn term 2015
- Estimate form returned to us by 3 July 2015
- Payment by 4 September 2015
- Headcount form returned to us by 9 October 2015
- Payment by 6 November 2015
Spring term 2016
- Estimate form returned to us by 4 December 2015
- Payment by 8 January 2016
- Headcount form returned to us by 29 January 2016
- Payment by 26 February 2016
- Please ensure that all forms are completed and submitted by the due date
- Check all information on declaration forms is correct and matches the information given by parents on the Parental Declaration Form
- Photocopy all forms for your records
- Ensure the correct postage is used when sending batches of declaration forms
- We are unable to backdate claims from the previous financial year
Estimate funding forms
Estimate funding forms should include all eligible children who you think will be with you during the term; this should be together with the details of the number of weeks per term and numbers of hours per week.
As this is only an estimate, any errors should be picked up on the forms for the headcount payment.
Headcount funding forms
Headcount funding forms should also include any child who is absent due to short-term illness or holiday during that week, and who is expected to take up their place during the term.
If the headcount form you sent us is wrong, you need to inform us as soon as possible. This must be no later than the time of returning the next estimate form.
Changes in numbers
If a child leaves during the term
If a child leaves as planned, and you have already informed us of the dates, or if the child stays with you until the last two weeks of term, you do not need to do anything. Otherwise, you need to tell us as soon as possible, and no later than the time of returning the next estimate form, so that we can adjust your next payment and claim back the excess funding.
If a child joins during the term
If a child joins and will be with you for at least two weeks in that term, please complete a copy of the Parental Declaration Form with a short note indicating the start date and the number of weeks claimed.
New claims must start from the first full week that the child is able to attend all of their funded hours.
If a child attends another setting or school
The parent needs to inform you of this via the Parental Declaration Form - send us a copy of the form.
Children can receive funding at up to two settings, with an overall maximum of 15 funded hours per week, across a minimum of two days. Funded provision is not for stand-alone blocks of less than 2.5 hours or more than 10 hours. It is a parent's decision where they wish to claim their funded hours for attendance greater than 15 hours per week.
If a child does not appear on the pre-populated declaration form
Please get the parents to complete a Parental Declaration Form for the child, send us a copy, and include the child on the new child list.
firstname.lastname@example.org. Children's Data Team, Nursery Education Funding, Southampton City Council, Civic Centre, Southampton, SO14 7LY