Private or voluntary pre-schools, nurseries and childminders claiming early years education funding from Southampton City council, for eligible two, three and four year old children, are funded at the minimum rate of £4.32 per hour.
Completing and submitting funding forms
Spring term 2018
- Estimate form returned to us by 1 December 2017
- Payment by 5 January 2018
- Headcount form returned to us by 9 February 2018
- Payment by 16 March 2018
- To ensure payments are made on time, the headcount task must be submitted by the deadline
- Please do not wait until the deadline date to submit, to allow us time to assist with any issues
- We are unable to backdate claims from the previous financial year
Estimate funding forms
As this is only an estimate, any errors should be picked up on the forms for the headcount payment.
Headcount funding forms
If the headcount task you sent us is incorrect, you will have the opportunity in the adjustment task to make any final changes.
Changes in numbers
If a child leaves during the term
If a child leaves during the term, you will need to update the next headcount task with the dates the child left and update he hours and weeks the child attended.
If a child joins during the term
If a child joins during the term, you will need to update the next headcount task with the dates the child started and update the hours and weeks the child attended.
If a child attends another setting or school
The parent needs to inform you of this via the Parental Declaration Form.
Children can receive funding at up to two settings, with an overall maximum of; 30 funded hours per week (if they are eligible for extended hours), up to a maximum of 1140 hours per year.
If a child does not appear on the; headcount task
Please add them as a new child.
Nursery Education Funding
Early Years Funding Team
Start Point Sholing Early Years Centre