From 22 February 2017, a new government benefit called Universal Credit will be introduced in Southampton. This means if you are working age you will no longer be able to make a new claim for the benefits listed below:

Find out if you are still eligible to receive Housing Benefit

If you are working age and already receiving one of these benefits you will continue to do so until your circumstance change and that benefit stops.

Universal Credit does not help with Council Tax costs. If you need help paying your Council Tax bill you can make a claim.

More information about Universal Credit is available from GOV.UK 

Are you ready for Universal Credit?