General waste, recycling and glass
|Usual collection day
||Revised collection day
|Monday 24 December 2018
|Tuesday 25 December 2018 - No collections
||Thursday 27 December 2018
|Wednesday 26 December 2018 - No collections
||Friday 28 December 2018
|Thursday 27 December 2018
||Saturday 29 December 2018
|Friday 28 December 2018
||Monday 31 December 2018
|Monday 31 December 2018
||Wednesday 2 January 2019
|Tuesday 1 January 2019 - No collections
||Thursday 3 January 2019
|Wednesday 2 January 2019
||Friday 4 January 2019
|Thursday 3 January 2019
||Saturday 5 January 2019
|Friday 4 January 2019
||Monday 7 January 2019
|Monday 7 January 2019
||Tuesday 8 January 2019
|Tuesday 8 January 2019
||Wednesday 9 January 2019
|Wednesday 9 January 2019
||Thursday 10 January 2019
|Thursday 10 January 2019
||Friday 11 January 2019
|Friday 11 January 2019
||Saturday 12 January 2019
|Monday 14 January 2019
||Normal collections resume
As we are collecting extra waste over the holiday period please bear with us if there is a delay in emptying your bin. If your waste or recycling has not been collected on the revised day check to see if there was another problem with collections in your street
Make sure you:
- Recycle as much as you can to save room in your general waste bin
- Use your wheeled bin for bagged food waste and other organic waste to prevent pests and help stop any nasty spills
- Put non recyclables, such as plastic packaging and wrapping paper in another sack and put alongside your general waste bin if it is full
We will be collecting real Christmas trees from the kerbside from Monday 7 January until Friday 18 January 2019. Please make sure your tree is put by the edge of your property, and not blocking the highway, on your revised general waste collection day. We will be unable to return to collect any trees not put out in time.
Alternatively residents that are signed up to the garden waste collection service, can put their Christmas tree in their garden waste bin for collection on their designated collection day (only one tree per household please).
Trees can also be taken to the Household Waste Recycling Centre (please shake off any soil).
Garden waste collections
The last garden waste collection will be on Friday 21 December. Collections will start again on Monday 7 January 2019.
During the holiday season get on top of your waste by making sure you recycle as much as you can.
- Cardboard boxes - Whether from a box of mince pies or a new television, you can recycle all empty cardboard boxes. Fold the box flat so it doesn't take up too much room in your recycling bin. Put any foil, plastic or polystyrene packaging in the waste bin
- Tins and cans - When the party is over, put all empty tins and cans in the recycling bin. But it's not just human food and drinks cans, you can recycle pet food cans too. Just give them a quick rinse to get rid of any food residue.
- Aerosol cans - From fake snow to squirty cream, empty aerosol cans can go in the recycling bin as well
- Plastic bottles - Even those used for bathroom or cleaning products just need a wash and a squash before being put in the recycling bin. Remove trigger spray and tops and put in the waste bin. No other plastics please.
- Glass - Remember to put empty food and drink glass bottles and jars in the grey box or communal glass bank. If your box is full we will collect the extras but please place them in a sturdy plastic container as for safety reasons we will not be able to pick up bags or flimsy boxes full of glass.
- Gift wrap and cards - Christmas cards and envelopes can all be recycled but wrapping paper, gift bags, shredded paper and tissue paper can not be recycled
If you are not sure about which items can go in the recycling bin check our A-Z of recycling
Santa may have it in the bag but please leave your recycling loose.