The following items can go in your blue-lid recycling bin:
- Paper (including newspapers, magazines, junk mail)
- Phone books and directories
- Plastic bottles e.g. drinks, toiletries, cleaning products
- Food tins, drink cans, metal sweet and biscuit tins
- Empty aerosols e.g. deodorants, hair sprays, polish
Please rinse empty tins and cans and plastic bottles (lids can be left on).
Please do not put your recycling in black sacks or plastic bags.
What not to put in your blue-lid recycling bin
Please think carefully about what goes in. If your recycling bin contains items we can’t recycle, it can make the rest of your recycling unusable.
Please do not put the following items in your blue-lid recycling bin:
- Black sacks, plastic/carrier bags
- Other plastic for example yoghurt pots, margarine tubs and food trays
- Cartons and Tetra Paks for example fruit juice and milk cartons
- Polystyrene and plastic packaging
- Household waste
- Food waste
- Tin foil and foil food trays
- Gift wrapping paper
- Garden waste
Plastic recycling video